Do you know about “anti-mainstream”?
Mainstream itself means “those which are popular with most people, something which is familiar, usual, or very common in our environment”. In Thesaurus, the synonyms for “mainstream” are “normal, general, standard, current, regular, common, accepted, popular”. Vice versa, the antonyms are “abnormal, unusual, eccentric, extraordinary, irregular, uncommon, exceptional, rare”.
I want to talk about it because I’m often considered as the “anti-mainstream person” by many people. Nevertheless, I don’t want to heed about it since I like to do everything that I like (in positive ways) and it doesn’t disturb other people’s live 😛
What’s the reason? Please read it :
- I know too much about soccer whereas I’m a woman (Related article : Bola)
- I prefer buying books to fashionable women clothes.
- I don’t have a pouch of makeup tools except Pigeon’s face powder, Revlon’s satin brown eye-shadow (my mom gave it to me), Body Shop’s coral blush-on (it was a birthday gift), and lots of lipsticks, but seldom to use it.
- I wear flat shoes and slippers almost everyday.
- I wear my watch to the right hand.
- I will choose shirt and shorts than flowery dresses (Related article : EF#11 – OOTD)
- I love the old songs and seldom to hear the common songs (Related article : The Songs)
- I dislike Korean movies and won’t attend the concert of Korean’s boy band.
- I will say yes to boiled, steamed, herbs, stewed foods and seldom to eat the fried and fatty foods.
- I’m feeling good with oats, chia seeds, granola, wheat bread, and organic rice. (Related article : Ramuan Kesukaan)
- My current cell phone brand is Sony.
- I like to drink warm mineral water, warm black tea, raw honey, and ginseng. (Related article : #GerakanMinumAirPutih)
- I will not spend hours for late night shopping.
- Probably, I know about “the trending topics” in social media but I will not become “the trending followers”.
- Women tend to like the color of pink, red, or white but mine is royal blue.
- Women tend to like Barbie or brownie bear or cute cow or ribbon pinky pig, but mine is penguin.
That’s my recapitulation and I’ll add it if I find the other ones.. Haha..
For years, many people have described and considered that I’m a weirdo. I was a bit annoyed at the time but it’s their right to think like that. We can’t control other’s brain but we have to control ours. The way we give our reaction will decide many things later. Agree with my statement? 😉
Let’s think about Thomas Alva Edison, The Wright Brothers, Albert Einstein, John Nash, Victor Hugo, David Mitchell, J.J. Abrams, James Cameron, John Woo, Ang Lee, Michael Bay, Christopher Nolan, and many more. I always think they are the symbols of “anti-mainstream people”. They are the “brand image” of it. Dare to be different and described as the weirdos, they have given so many great things in our life.
Oh Star Wars, I wanna watch you 😛
Hence, I will not sweat it as it’s only a small stuff, isn’t it? There are still many people who think that I’m not a weirdo. The most important thing is I do not live in people’s way. I have my own way and I’m happy with it. I’m happy with my nickname as well. “The anti-mainstream Wiwien”. I think it’s quite cool, haha 😀
Live and let live!
Featured image = http://www.berlin-mitte-institut.de